New Blog Format- Trendy Thursday
We have decided to update the format of our blog…. There are so many great design blogs out there to give you inspiration and planning advice……
We are converting the Blog to a Monday thru Friday Blog… Each Day of the week will have a topic/theme and it is designed to have you the viewers be able to post things related to that day of the week…….
Thursday will be fondly known as Trendy Thursday from now on…….
To go with the whole different theme each day, we present to you….. TRENDY THURSDAY!
Everyone always wants to know what’s the new trend, what’s the latest and hippest, and we at Special Moments are here to give it you! The trends can range from a certain color that’s in, a certain aspect of the event, or anything! Make sure you check back each week, because you will never know what we pull out of our magic bag!
The Trend for this week is for you Outdoor Wedding Brides……..
Outdoor Wedding Brides are thinking about the guests comfort during the ceremony , especially in the Summertime, But wanting to personalize the wedding also… So…. a great trend we are seeing is the brides are wanting fans for their guests at the ceremony to keep the guest cool, but also keeping with their decor or theme……
The Paper fans are a great project and idea that you can create yourself so it is personalized to your decor or theme, but also Unique and not Cookie Cutter….
We have included the steps below so you can create these yourself……
What You Need:
- 12 x 12-inch sheet of patterned scrapbook paper
- Scissors: scallop-edge and straight-edge
- Crafts glue
- 1/8-inch hole punch
- 24-inch length of 1/2-inch-wired ribbon
1. Trim opposite edges of the scrapbook paper with the scallop-edge scissors. Beginning with a straight edge of the paper, make accordion-style pleats every 3/4 inch across the paper. Firmly finger-crease each pleat.
2. Fold the pleated piece in half to form a fan and then unfold. To eliminate bulk where the unit folds in half, use straight-edge scissors to cut away a piece of the paper about one inch long on the inside pleat.
3. Refold the fan, spreading out the pleats, and slip one edge of each inside pleat over the other; glue in place. Use the hole punch to make a hole at the bottom of the center pleat. Insert the ribbon through the hole and tie a bow.
4. Use the hole punch to make a hole at the bottom of the center pleat. Insert the ribbon through the hole and tie a bow.
Planning a wedding?
Whether you are a Tampa Bay Area local or planning a Gulfside destination wedding, we have the creativity and connections to help you have the day of your dreams without all of the stress.
Planning an event?
We LOVE social events as much as we love weddings. From Wedding Showers to Reunions, we've done it all. It's all in the details and we've got you covered.
Planning a trip?
Need a weekend getaway during your wedding planning, time away with your family or help planning your honeymoon? We're happy to help!