When A Wedding Goes Terribly Wrong!
When Courtney and David hired our Special Moments Event Planning Team for Wedding Day Management nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
They are a very cute couple and extremely sweet.
The wedding was in the heart of Ybor City at the Creative Loafing event space, CL Space, a Tampa wedding and event space with beautiful rustic, natural brick walls, floor to ceiling windows, and skylights. A unique, historic space for Courtney and David’s wedding.
With Wedding Day Management, it is always comforting to know they have hired great vendors.
- Sensational Ceremonies is always a great choice for a Tampa Bay wedding officiant.
- Fortunately, Roberts Imagery photography and Storybook Weddings videography were on hand to document Courtney and David’s day or no one would ever believe what was about to happen.
- Michael Anthony Productions was all set with beautiful uplighting to accent the reception.
- 4Rivers Catering and Spunky Spirits Bartending Service were in place to ensure guests had plenty of delicious barbecue and cocktails.
- Elite Events & Rentals helped to set the stage for a beautiful reception.
- Hands On Sweets created a Naked Wedding Cake, a Croquembouche, chocolate dipped apples and a variety of small sweet bites.
- Sweetly Dipped Confections made the most delicious and adorable themed cake pops to compliment the dessert table.
Everything looked perfect, what could go wrong?
Their outdoor wedding ceremony had a simple rustic wood wedding arch draped with fabric, and the rustic details and exposed brick set the backdrop for the ceremony.
David’s groomsmen were sharply dressed in simple grey suits, sporting colorful neckties from some sort of school or organization.
When we met the bridesmaids, we started to realize that something strange might be going on. Courtney had asked friends from all over to be her bridesmaids; most from Hogwarts from Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin and two were from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and the Durmstrang Institute for Magical Learning.
When guests began to arrive for their wedding ceremony, we were started to worry. Bellatrix Lestrange, Professor Severus Snape, and Dolores Umbridge all showed up late and sat in the back row watching the ceremony.
The wedding party posed for some photos, everything was running smoothly, then it started to get crazy!
Once everything settled down, guests made their way inside for dinner and dancing. The Sorting Hat told guests at which of the uniquely designed tables they would be dining.
After enjoying some delicious barbecue, an Espresso Patronum, and some sweets, the guests all settled in with the magical events of the evening and enjoyed themselves.
Come to think of it, the Golden Snitches on the dessert table should have been a clue.
Oh well, just another day in the life of a wedding planner. We think Petra and Melissa from our Special Moments Event Planning team did an awesome job!
Planning a wedding?
Whether you are a Tampa Bay Area local or planning a Gulfside destination wedding, we have the creativity and connections to help you have the day of your dreams without all of the stress.
Planning an event?
We LOVE social events as much as we love weddings. From Wedding Showers to Reunions, we've done it all. It's all in the details and we've got you covered.
Planning a trip?
Need a weekend getaway during your wedding planning, time away with your family or help planning your honeymoon? We're happy to help!