Do I invite my officiant to the reception?
This is a common question from many of our brides that come to us for assistance with planning their wedding……
We think this question has many answers……
1. Yes, they are marrying you because you have attended the church since you were a child and will hurt their feelings if you do not extend the invitation to have them celebrate after the actual ceremony…..
2. Yes, because after all, who is going to do the blessing before dinner at the reception?
3. Yes, because they have traveled possibly quite a distance to be there and the ceremony lasted for 15 minutes and now you expect them to leave and go home while everybody else gets to stay and have a meal and celebrate…..
4. Yes, because it is just a courtesy and if they are not close friends of the family. 90% of the time , they will decline gracefully…..
5. No, You have hired them to do a job and they did the job…..
Would Love to hear feedback on your opinions on this subject….
Planning a wedding?
Whether you are a Tampa Bay Area local or planning a Gulfside destination wedding, we have the creativity and connections to help you have the day of your dreams without all of the stress.
Planning an event?
We LOVE social events as much as we love weddings. From Wedding Showers to Reunions, we've done it all. It's all in the details and we've got you covered.
Planning a trip?
Need a weekend getaway during your wedding planning, time away with your family or help planning your honeymoon? We're happy to help!