Keep your sanity during wedding planning!
This past weekend, Special Moments Event Planning participated in a wedding show at a beautiful Tampa Bay wedding venue, T Pepin’s Hospitality Center.
Not only did we get to meet some awesome couples looking for wedding planning for their Tampa wedding; but, we were able to collaborate with some of our favorite design partners. Our colleagues at Gabro Event Services and Apple Blossom Floral Design helped us bring our creation to life.
In talking about preserving your sanity during wedding planning, a wedding show is a great place to start. Even if you’ve engaged a wedding planner to assist you, it can be a great outing.
Here are some great wedding show tips:
- Don’t drag your fiancé along unnecessarily. Some couples make it a day out, starting with brunch and a little champagne. Just know that your fiancé’s life experience might not include shopping for wedding flowers, linen, gowns, and such.
- If you go to a wedding show with your mother, mother-in-law or wedding party, try to limit the size of the group. Too many people prevent you from being able to chat with wedding professionals you might be interested in. (this really applies to gown shopping too!!)
- Print some adhesive labels with your name, wedding date (if you have one), email address and phone number; it will prevent you from having to fill out the same information time and time again.
- While you are at it, set up a wedding email account; it keeps all of your wedding related email in one inbox and after your wedding you can shut it down and not get unwanted emails after you are married.
Here are a few other wedding planning tips to help preserve your sanity.
- Make sure you and your fiancé have a date night every week! Wedding planning is all about compromise and you’ll surely engage in some really interesting and potentially stressful conversations. Date night doesn’t need to be the same night; you don’t have to go out all the time, it might be a night home watching a movie and eating takeout. Just don’t talk about the wedding!
- Do a night away, sort of a staycation, you don’t have to travel far; just get away from the day to day and the same scenery. Get out and spend some that is just the two of you.
- At work, don’t hesitate to establish a “Wedding Free Zone” – put up a sign if you have to! Everyone at work will have suggestions and a ton of questions; so, pop up your sign whenever you feel the need.
Hiring a professional wedding planner will help with much of your stress, especially if you are planning a Florida destination wedding; but, a few simple tips on setting some boundaries with family and friends and taking time for the two of will help as well.
Give our Special Moments Event Planning team a call to discuss how we can help you with planning your beautiful Tampa Bay area wedding!